ExpressVPN has seen much success since its inception, and its steady progress is due to its awesome VPN services. When it comes to blazing-fast streaming and browsing speeds, it takes the lead. ExpressVPN is most notable for its ability to work well with top streaming sites like HBO Max, Amazon Firestick, Netflix, Hulu, and Disney+. Not only would you be able to stream without buffering and interruptions, but you will also get high-definition image quality.
There are many more top-notch features to expect and there are other places that ExpressVPN fails to impress. For one, you would have to deal with an insanely high subscription plan from this brand. Still, its excellent services make up for the hefty prices it charges. In this piece, we provide all the answers to every question about ExpressVPN.
Here is a quick brief of ExpressVPN Features:
- 3,000+ servers in 94 countries
- AES-256 bit encryption
- Network lock kill switch
- DNS leak protection
- VPN Split tunneling
- IP Address masking
- 5 simultaneous connections
- 24-hour live chat support
- TrustedServer technology
- Strict no-log policy
- Public Wi-Fi safety
Frequently Asked Questions
- Has ExpressVPN ever been hacked?
No! Presently, ExpressVPN has never been hacked. It has one of the toughest best-in-class encryption features consisting of AES-256 bit encryption, 4096-bit RSA key, and Perfect Forward Secrecy. But while ExpressVPN has one of the best security features on paper, it can still be hacked. The good news is that your data would still be safe. ExpressVPN doesn’t keep any personally identifiable logs so none can be recovered from its servers in the event of a hack.
- Is ExpressVPN worth the money?
ExpressVPN’s subscription plans cost a lot more than many other VPN providers, however, you will get the value for your money with this service. This VPN provider offers lightning-fast streaming and browsing speeds, a wide range of servers, and multi-platform compatibility to give you protection across all your devices.
- Can I trust ExpressVPN?
ExpressVPN has a strict no-log policy and doesn’t keep any personally identifiable data on its servers. This means you can trust ExpressVPN to not only keep you secure and safe online, but also not to sell your online information to third parties.
- Where Is ExpressVPN Based?
ExpressVPN has jurisdiction from the British Virgin Islands, which is where it is headquartered. This country doesn’t hold any surveillance-sharing agreements with other countries and no data-retention laws. This means your connection through ExpressVPN is secured and untracked.
- Is ExpressVPN owned by China?
No, ExpressVPN is not owned or has any relations with any Chinese company, body, or the Chinese government. The VPN service is run by individuals looking to provide better online security, privacy, and freedom from censorship.
- Is ExpressVPN safe for banking?
ExpressVPN utilizes state-of-the-art security to ensure that your online activity remains untraceable by hackers, the government, and your internet service provider. You can use ExpressVPN for online banking without worries.
- Is ExpressVPN banned in India?
There are no laws against using ExpressVPN in India. In fact, there are no laws regulating the use of VPNs in India. VPN use is completely legal in India, but that’s only if you’re not using it for illegal activities.
- How can I get ExpressVPN for free?
ExpressVPN does not offer a free version as with many other VPN services, however, you can sign up for an ExpressVPN free trial to use their services for free. ExpressVPN offers a risk-free VPN trial period, but you would have to make a payment to get started. At the end of 30 days, you can either go ahead or request a refund. You will be refunded your initial payment, no questions asked.
- Can ExpressVPN be traced?
As of now, your data, online activity, or IP address while using ExpressVPN cannot be traced. ExpressVPN uses strong encryption and top-class security features to block out hackers. The service also utilizes features like IP address masking and VPN Split Tunneling to keep you secure. Another impressive feature is its strict no-log policy. ExpressVPN doesn’t store logs on their servers, leaving no trace of your online information and activity.
Read more: VPN Encryption – The Ultimate Guide
- Does ExpressVPN record my data?
ExpressVPN won’t take logs of your online activity or record your data. The VPN provider has a strict no-log policy that it actually sticks to. This means it won’t keep the logs of your location, the sites your visit, your IP address, your passwords, and any other activity you engage in while using the VPN.
- How do I use ExpressVPN with Netflix?
To use an ExpressVPN account with Netflix, simply:
- Sign up for an ExpressVPN account.
- Download the VPN app compatible with your device.
- Connect to a server anywhere in the world.
- Log into your Netflix account and start streaming.
- Is ExpressVPN worth the money?
Overall, ExpressVPN offers the right value for your money. While its subscription plans are on the high side when compared with what other VPN services offer, you get exactly what you pay for. ExpressVPN works well with popular streaming services and provides blazing-fast connection speeds. It is also safe and secure.
- How to use the ExpressVPN app?
- How can I speed up ExpressVPN?
If you’re experiencing slow connection speeds when using ExpressVPN, you can do one of the following:
- Connect to a server near you – VPN connection speeds slow down when you connect to servers far from your location. This could be due to the distance a data packet has to travel. To speed up ExpressVPN, you should try connecting to servers closer to you.
- Change your server – You can reach out to ExpressVPN customer care to get information about the fastest servers on their list. You should be able to get a response to your query in a matter of minutes. Note that if you go for the most popular servers, you could experience VPN latency because many users connect to the same servers. ExpressVPN offers 3,000+ servers so you are less likely to face this problem.
- Does ExpressVPN slow Internet?
While ExpressVPN is incredibly fast, it won’t be as fast as your regular internet connection. However, ExpressVPN is by no means slow. You will lose a little speed as the service encrypts your data and masks your IP address, but you will still be able to stream your favorite shows and movies in HD. If you’re just browsing or torrenting, ExpressVPN connection speeds won’t disappoint either.
- How do I know if Express VPN is working?
To check if your IP address has been changed and your data encrypted, you can use the ExpressVPN IP address checker. If you’re not connected properly, the checker will reflect your original IP address. If the connection was successful, you should see a different IP address from the country you connected to. You can also use other IP address checkers to confirm that your IP address has actually been changed.
- How do I use ExpressVPN on multiple devices?
ExpressVPN provides apps for major devices and allows you to connect up to 5 devices simultaneously. To use ExpressVPN on multiple devices, follow the steps below:
- Sign up for an ExpressVPN subscription plan.
- Download and install the ExpressVPN apps for your devices.
- Login to your account using your details in all the devices and connect to a server.
- You can do this for up to five devices at the same time.
- Can you install ExpressVPN on Smart TV?
ExpressVPN is compatible with many platforms including smart TVs. It is incredibly easy to install ExpressVPN on your Smart TV and streaming devices. ExpressVPN is compatible with Samsung Smart TV, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV and Fire Stick, Roku, Google Chromecast, Android Smart TVs, LG Smart TVs, and Android TV box.
Each Smart TV platform has its own setup. While some may allow you to install the app directly onto the device, others would have to be manually configured. You should check for the ExpressVPN guide on Smart TV VPN installation before downloading the app.
Read More: The Best VPN For Smart TV
- How do I use a VPN on my smart TV for Netflix?
The steps to take to watch Netflix on your Smart TV using a VPN would depend on how the VPN is installed.
For Android Smart TVs:
- Launch the Google Play Store.
- Download the Netflix app and the ExpressVPN app.
- Launch the VPN and connect to a server.
- Launch the Netflix app and start streaming.
You can connect the VPN to your Smart TVs via your router or laptop. In such cases, you would have to launch the VPN on these devices and connect to a server before launching your Netflix app.
- How do I get ExpressVPN on my Samsung Smart TV?
There are various ways to install ExpressVPN on your Samsung Smart TV
If you can access the Google Play Store on your smart TV, then you can download the ExpressVPN app and launch it on your Samsung Smart TV.
If this option is not possible, you can set up an ExpressVPN connection on your router for your Samsung Smart TV or you could set up a connection through your PC. ExpressVPN also allows you to set up MediaStreamer on your Samsun Smart TV.
Not sure ExpressVPN Is The Right VPN For you?
Read our ExpressVPN full Review
Read our VPN Comparison: Which VPN Is Better ExpressVPN or NordVPN?
Read our VPN Comparison: Which VPN Takes the Lead? ExpressVPN or CyberGhost?
Read More: New To VPN? Read Our Complete Guide for VPN Beginners